Because this essay provides generally thoughtful analysis and takes a complex approach to the issue (arguing, in effect, that technology neither enhances nor reduces our ability to think for ourselves, but can do one or the other, depending on the user) and because the author makes use of "appropriate vocabulary and sentence variety," a score of 5 is appropriate.
Essay Topic | Top Essays | Essays scoring 5 | Essays scoring 4 | Unsatisfactory Essays
1. Determine the type, purpose, and audience of your paper.
2. Ask a question, then make the answer your thesis statement.
3. Take a stance, then ensure that it is provable.
4. State it in two parts: a clear topic and a brief summary of what you will say.
5. Limit the thesis to one or two sentences.
PrepScholar helps you prep for the SAT / ACT by answering the most important questions online!
Are you scoring in the 600-750 range on SAT Math? Do you want to raise that score as high as possible - to a perfect 800?